During the period of the Bourbon rule of Sicily, from 1829, the Department of Statistics of the Kingdom, required every town of the island to write charter for the revision of the borders of each territory. Susequently, from 1833, in order to rationalize tax collection, the revision of the cadastre was begun. In the first case, the papers produced by local technicians were often carried out by employing inexact, if particularly expressive and interesting, representation techniques. In the second case, the drawings produced for the revision of the cadastre generally met the highest standards of European cartography, which were later generally adopted in Italy during Napoleonic rule. In the first half of the XIX century, during a period of only 30 years, and with the coming of the Unification of Italy, Sicily, which was suspended between atavic underdevelopment and the prospect of flourishing development, provided itself with cartographic archives of more than 500 papers and related documents.