The paper discussed some present transformations in the labour market connected with five tendencies characterizing the evolution of economic and manufacturing system:
1) the strong attention for sustainable development, updated by greening and circularity processes in the economy;
2) the significant international projection of most innovative Italian medium enterprises (named "pocket multinationals");
3) the disruptive innovation processes in manufacturing, as Industry 4.0 o the new artisans experts in the use of ICT;
4) the sharing economy, not only as a smart filed of new activities, but also as a way for the families to afford the economic crisis;
5) the new organisational models and working activities that take hybrid forms between profit and no profit, filling the space left by the public sector.