Gendered Violence. Researching, planning and communicating of a social campaign from the university for the university
Journal Title: SICUREZZA E SCIENZE SOCIALI
Author/s: Valeria Bucchetti, Mauro Ferraresi, Sveva Magaraggia
FullText PDF: 208 KB
(DOI is like a bar code for intellectual property: to have more infomation:
This article aims to be a reflection, an analysis and a return to the reader of the path of conception and implementation of a communication campaign against gender violence. The project has been developed at the Inter-University Research Centre "Gender Cultures" in Milan and is methodologically innovative. A group of university students, previously trained, carried out the creative work for the aware-ness campaigns by dividing themselves into subgroups and structuring a campaign in which the language was completely internal to the subculture of reference. Not only because the social segment to which the communication producers belonged was in fact homogeneous in terms of lifestyles, beliefs and/or worldview to the so-cial and cultural segment of the campaign's target, but also because they were in-spired by tales of violence experienced by other students at the Milanese universi-ties. Another element of solid novelty concerns the field research carried out with neuromarketing techniques on a representative sample of the reference universe.
Keywords: Gender based violence; social campaigns; gender; youth
- Anceschi G. (1993) (a cura di). Il progetto delle interfacce. Milano: Domus Academy.
- Banyard V.L. (2015). Toward the Next Generation of Bystander Prevention of Sexual and Relationship Violence. New York: Springer.
- Baule G., Bucchetti V. (2012) (a cura di). Anticorpi comunicativi. Progettare per la comunicazione di genere. Milano: FrancoAngeli.
- Baule G., Caratti E. (2016) (a cura di). Design è traduzione. Il paradigma traduttivo per la cultura del progetto. Milano: FrancoAngeli.
- Benwell B. (2007). New Sexism?. Journalism Studies, 8(4): 539-549.
- Capecchi S. (2018). La comunicazione di genere. Roma: Carocci.
- Cerf M., Garcia-Garcia M. (2017). Consumer Neuroscience. Cambridge Mass.: MIT Press.
- Cheng H. (2014). The Handbook of International Advertising Research. London: Blackwell.
- Deriu M. (2016). Disonorare la violenza. La violenza maschile tra reputazione e discredito. Società degli individui (LA), 56: 80-94.
- Ferraresi M. (2017). Pubblicità teorie e tecniche. Roma: Carocci.
- Genette G. (1982). Palimpsestes. La littérature au second degré. Paris: Seuil.
- Gough B. (1998). Men and the Discursive Reproduction of Sexism: repertoires of difference and equality. Feminism and Psychology. 8: 25-49.
- Magaraggia S., Cherubini D. (2013) (a cura di). Uomini contro le donne? Le radici della violenza maschile. Torino: Utet.
- Morin C. (2011). Neuromarketing: The New Science of Consumer Behavior. Society, Issue 2, 48: 131-135.
- Noci G. (2018). Biomarketing. Milano: Egea.
- Raab M., Jasmine R. (2011). Campaigns to end violence against women and girls. UN, New York. -- http://www.endvawnow.org/uploads/modules/pdf/1342724232.pdf.
- Riley S. (2002). Constructions of Equality and Discrimination in Professional Men’s Talk. British Journal of Social Psychology, 41: 443-461.
- Semprini A. (2003). Come analizzare la pubblicità, le immagini, I media. Milano: FrancoAngeli.
- Thürlemann F. (1991). La doppia spazialità in pittura: spazio simulato e topologia planare. In: Corrain L., Valenti M., a cura di, Leggere l’opera d’arte. Bologna: Esculapio.
- Wooten S.C., Mitchell R.W. (2015). The Crisis of Campus Sexual Violence. Critical Perspectives on Prevention and Response. New York: Routledge.
- Zaltman G. (2003). How Customers Think: Essential Insight into the Mind of the Market. Boston: Harvard Business School Press.
Valeria Bucchetti, Mauro Ferraresi, Sveva Magaraggia, Gendered Violence. Researching, planning and communicating of a social campaign from the university for the university in "SICUREZZA E SCIENZE SOCIALI" 3/2019, pp. 138-151, DOI:10.3280/SISS2019-003010