Problems and conflicts of the intelligence and criminal procedure legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Journal Title: RIVISTA DI STUDI SULLA SOSTENIBILITA'
Author/s: Bakhyt M. Nurgaliyev, Gulnara M. Rysmagambetova, Kanat S. Lackbayev, Aset A. Shulanbayev
FullText PDF: 84 KB
(DOI is like a bar code for intellectual property: to have more infomation:
The aim of the paper is to investigate the conflicts that arose in the legislative and law enforcement practice of Kazakhstan subsequent to radical reform of the criminal procedure system. A new Criminal Procedure Code contains a number of fundamental changes that are based on the experience of developed foreign countries. Many aspects of the activities of law enforcement agencies were changed. At the same time, along with a positive effect, law enforcement practice revealed problems and conflicts of law that negatively affected the criminal justice of Kazakhstan. One of the problems is that the moment of the transition from criminal intelligence to the pretrial investigation remains unsettled. This applies to the crite-ria for evaluating intelligence containing information on the signs of a criminal of-fense. On the basis of the analysis of scientific provisions and law enforcement practice, the authors have made proposals to address these problems and conflicts. Conflicts in the field of protecting the rights and freedoms of the individual in the implementation of criminal intelligence were identified.
Keywords: Criminal intelligence operations, profiling, start of pretrial investigation, criminal process.
- Criminal Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan. (2014). -- Available from: https://online.zakon.kz/m/Document/?doc_id=31575252#sub_id=10000.
- Criminal Procedure Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan. (2014). -- Available from: https://online.zakon.kz/document/?doc_id=31575852#pos=3190;-95.
- Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 858 “On the Concept of the legal policy of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the period from 2010 to 2020”. (2009). -- Available from: http://adilet.zan.kz/rus/docs/U090000858_
- Federal Law of the Russian Federation No. 144-FZ “On criminal intelligence”. (1995). -- Available from: https://online.zakon.kz/document/?doc_id=30428030#pos=1;-125.
- Karmaza O.O., Stefanyshyn N.M., Skhab-Buchynska T.Y., Koroied S.O. (2018). Institute of dispute resolution by the participation of a judge in the court of Ukraine: Joint and different characteristics with the institute of mediation in Ukraine. Journal of Advanced Research in Law and Economics, 9(5): 1653-1659.
- Lakbaev K.S., Nurgaliev B.M. (2012). Covert investigative actions: history, concept, problems, prospects. Kaliningrad: I. Kant Baltic Federal University.
- Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 94-V “On Personal Data and Their Protection” (2013). -- Available from: http://adilet.zan.kz/rus/docs/Z1300000094.
- Matyshova A.M. (2016). Covert investigative activities in Kazakhstan: purpose, occurring conflicts and ways of their overcoming. Journal of Advanced Research in Law and Economics, 7(3): 554-563.
- Novozhylov V.S. (2019). Due process in code enforcement as criminal procedural task: to the issue on essence and practical use. Journal of the National Academy of Legal Sciences of Ukraine, 26(4): 89-107.
- Order of the General Prosecutor of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 89 “On approval of the Rules for the reception and registration of statements, reports or reports on criminal offenses, as well as maintaining a unified register of pre-trial investigations” (2014). -- Available from: https://tengrinews.kz/zakon/generalnaya_prokuratura_respubliki_kazahstan/sud/id-V14W0009744/.
- Pozdnyakova U.A., Bogoviz A.V., Lobova S.V., Ragulina J.V., Popova E.V. (2019). The model of well-balanced taxation for overcoming the shadow economy in modern Russia. Studies in Systems, Decision and Control, 182: 207-215.
- Shumylo M.Ye. (2019). Evidence in criminal proceedings: admissibility issues in modern realities. Journal of the National Academy of Legal Sciences of Ukraine, 26(3): 202-215.
- The concept, principles, stages and preventive measures in the criminal intelligence. (2019). -- Available from: http://criminallaw.uf.nstu.ru/?cat=248.
- The Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 154-XIII “On criminal intelligence”. (1994). -- Available from: https://online.zakon.kz/Document/?doc_id=1003158.
- The stages of criminal intelligence. (2016). -- Available from: https://helpiks.org/8-29376.html.
- Zhuravel V.A., Kurumisawa Yo. (2019). Criminology in the system of scientific knowledge. Journal of the National Academy of Legal Sciences of Ukraine, 26(2): 85-97.
Bakhyt M. Nurgaliyev, Gulnara M. Rysmagambetova, Kanat S. Lackbayev, Aset A. Shulanbayev, in "RIVISTA DI STUDI SULLA SOSTENIBILITA'" 1/2020, pp. 391-402, DOI:10.3280/RISS2020-001023